WHAT WE THINK ABOUT OUR ORGANISATION
Snehadeep Trust for the Disabled was established in 1999 by three highly motivated graduates, all visually impaired, who had a strong desire to help people with disabilities experience the life opportunities for which they had to fight so hard to obtain.
The principal goals of Snehadeep are to provide accommodation, education, training and assistance with personal development to both the visually impaired and physically challenged. In recent years, the organization has grown and now extends its activities to shelter not only those with physical disability but also children from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Assisting the needy disabled students to pursue education to the maximum extent possible by providing them with all facilities like Braille books, e-text, hostel facilities. Providing the disabled with computer training and assisting them in getting certification from a recognized institution.
- Providing training and development to students with disabilties and enable them to choose their career path after they complete Senior Secondary Certificate (Class 10th). For this purpose, identifying a minimum of 10 students and providing in-house career guidance, personality development, counseling, motivation training and preparing them for further courses and placing them suitably.
- Setting up computer centers in four to five regions in Karnataka to train the disabled and children from weaker section of the society to pursue computer training.
- Providing hostel facilities for girls, enabling them to pursue higher education and helping them to secure admission in college.
- Providing voluntary services like reading and teaching to students and coaching them on special subjects like communication courses, enabling them better exposure to the outside world.
- Providing placement to the trained candidates in call centers and other corporate companies.
- Conducting sports and cultural events to encourage and create awareness about the talents of the differently able persons in the society.
- Conducting seminars and workshops to highlight the needs of the disabled and visually challenged individuals.
- The ultimate aim of Snehadeep is to enable persons with disablities to be independent and economically sound.